Monday, June 19, 2023

Multiverse?

The idea of a multiverse has always been fascinating to me. Don't ask me why, though. I mean, like, it is not as though I have a complete experience of the universe that we inhabit, to the extent that I am bored with it and want the additional novelty of multiple universes. It is probably just the idea that more always means better that we humans seem to believe in implicitly.

Or, perhaps, I am giving myself too much credit for being like other humans...being 'normal' so to speak. It is just as likely that I am not pleased with my place in this universe and not too sure that knowing more or traveling within this universe is in any way going to make me the pivot around which the world revolves. AND, you know how it goes. Perhaps I'm the lost Prince from another universe in this multiverse, the frog who is waiting for a princess to kiss so that I can turn into this handsome price, the...ah, well, you get the drift about the fascination of the possibilities a multiverse opens out.

You know, the funny thing about this idea of a multiverse in human minds is that we, somehow, believe that we will be the central feature of it all. I mean, like, we have always believed that we are central to the UNIVERSE despite physicists telling us that we are a speck of dust circling a small star on the peripheries of a galaxy which is itself one of millions and just as ordinary as your star is in this galaxy...Physicists can din it into your ears till Kingdom come and, probably, even they believe, in their innermost hearts, that we are still the pivot around which the universe rotates. I mean, like, "Mr. Universe', 'Miss Universe' yada yada? Really?

So, yeah, I'm sure that we will also consider that the multiverse has been made especially for our benefit. Perhaps our religions already have done so. With the 14 worlds concepts, the seven nether worlds being hells to punish us and the seven upper worlds to house the beings which exist to reward us OR worlds which exist to reward us after death or whatever.

But, of late, I am starting to believe that we have decided to take matters into our own hands. What better way to be the centre of a multiverse than to create it ourselves. It all, probably, started with Marvel. And, like the 'woods' of India which started with Hollywood, we now have the universes: YRF Spy Universe, Rohit Shetty's Cop universe, Lokesh Cinematic universe, Astra-verse what have you. All you need is to marry all this to VR and...nirvana!

No need to depend upon a God or gods, if he or they exist, to do the right thing and create a multiverse which suits us.

We will have our own multiverse centred upon human beings!

2 comments:

  1. About Lokesh Cinematic Universe, Blue Shirt Maran says "At least Lokesh has taken only 4 films so far. You can watch the previous 3 and come to Vikram. What if Atlee takes this stand? Oh my God! You've to go, watch films from the time cinema started! Pray someone relieve me of this torture!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Imagine the 'CID Shankar Universe' and all! Nowadays, you have universes with only one movie - Astraverse for eg.

      Delete