Friday, November 30, 2012

My story Idea - Harper-Collins contest

This is how you can make two posts out of one idea! First you write a post outlining a story idea to Harper-Collins, then you post a link to the story idea in their page! Hooray! Anything that adds to the post-count on this blog is very welcome!

http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/idea/225

I actually do not understand why votes for the story idea should be a major decider for the acceptance of the idea. Votes on social media generally denote the popularity of the person and not of the content. And the popularity of the person does not automatically translate to better sales of content produced by him/her. Since, however, H-C has opted for this modus operandi I am trying to plug my idea for all it is worth - even with the left hand. So please click on this link and 'Like' it there.


16 comments:

  1. How are you doing Suresh? I am happy to see you writing. Yes, this is a surprising new turn of affairs. I am sure they can find very popular bloggers out there who regularly top the Indivine charts. I am not saying this as if it were sour grapes, we all know the route and we all know it's not worth it. Best wishes to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally with you on the vote thing.. votes dont mean content is right, I have written about it a few times toooo
    anyway all the best to the participants :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for the contest and for your hand to get better soon Suresh. and I will add my vote for the idea :)

    I thought you were to be trekking in the first week of Dec, are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was to go but not with a fractured hand, Zephyr! Cant even pull on my tracks now :)

      Delete
  4. Totally agree...Votes only signifies how popular you are and not how good a post is...It's even more difficult for a new blogger to get into reckoning if votes are considered as the only criteria as he won't be known to many so no questions of votes plunging into one's favor :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. done with the vote thingy..u have my vote....!

    i don't understand why votes should matter anyway too...and yes thanks to u, only when i came here and saw the new avatar, i realised that my submission had to be changed to suit the new guidelines!! so i reposted my entry with the new guidelines et all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suresh i enjoyed your story idea,even though you did not reply to my comment-------it says a lot !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indu! I thought I had replied to all comments as I normally do - with one hand I find it difficult now to trace back the comment to which I failed to reply - Sorry for that!

      Delete
  7. Strange are the rules of blogging contests. You have my vote, Suresh, and my best too for the contest !

    ReplyDelete