Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Guest Post in the -NRI: Colonial Hangover? Not Really

Not content with inflicting my views on the unsuspecting populace through my own blog, I have also taken recourse to the-NRI to inflict my views on their unsuspecting readership. What is more, they have posted it at the following URL.

http://www.the-nri.com/index.php/2012/05/colonial-hangover-not-necessarily/

Any of my readers, with more masochistic leanings than most, are welcome to treat themselves to a further dose of my writing there. I must warn you, however, that this post is not what passes for humour in my lexicon. It is, believe it or not, intended to be a serious post and any humour you find in it is purely unintentional!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Suresh

    It was indeed a serious post and quite thought provoking...

    Forget about everywhere else..Even today in the corporate world, if a particular view comes from someone in the West its taken with less skeptism than the Indian folks...We still have not totally gotten over the feeling of inferiority!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the other side of the coin..my post was about how we attribute things to a colonial hangover when they are not..but there surely are some vestiges of a colonial hangover left in Indian Society.

      Delete
  2. absolutely loved this one and i agree with most of the things which you have said in the post. you haven't mentioned anything which can be questioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debajyoti! Lots of people seem to have found lots of things to question:):) Looks like they spent so much time reading between the lines that they forgot to read the lines:)

      Delete